Pages

8.21.2011

East Siiide

Kevin, Kevin's mom and I took a road trip to Kangnung, on the East coast of Korea. The Korean topography is very mountainous and it made for an incredible drive (despite the rain and fog). August is rainy season here, so it's rained every single day I've been here (with the exception of maybe one or two days). We're lucky our house didn't get flooded like so many others...

<span class=


View from our room.


<span class=


Kevin's mom. If I go shopping with her or run errands alone, everyone thinks I'm her husband. I guess to Koreans I just look like a typically creepy, old, white guy.

<span class=


Between the mountains and the sea.

<span class=


The rain clouds finally moved on.

<span class=


Squid store.

<span class=


You can't take a trip to the sea without eating raw fish. Octopus, shrimp, and other random chewy things.

<span class=


Lots and lots of fish.

<span class=


More fish and some corn. Koreans love corn. Their greatest act of blasphemy is putting it on pizza.

<span class=


Sweet rice cakes for dessert.

<span class=


1 comment:

  1. she does look young enough to be your wife! great selection of sushi and i think i'd like one of those pretty little desserts, please!

    ReplyDelete